Planning your next vacation? From the Caribbean to The Bahamas, each of these islands are unique in their own way, giving you something new and exciting to do every day of your trip. If your goal is to relax and let go of any worries and responsibilities, an island vacation may be exactly what you’re looking for. Read on to learn why island travel is the relaxed way of life, starting with these 5 reasons…
1) Give yourself plenty of time
Most people travel to islands for the relaxation factor. And what’s the best way to relax? By taking your time and not rushing through things. That’s why it’s important to give yourself plenty of time when island hopping. It’ll help you slow down and appreciate all that each island has to offer. For example, if you’re visiting a group of Pacific Islands, plan on spending at least two weeks exploring them one by one. Your journey will be much more meaningful with this approach as opposed to trying to visit several in one week or even less than a week (unless it’s only for a day). You can also choose which islands to focus on first depending on your interests. For example, if snorkeling is high on your list then start with an island where snorkeling is offered such as Bora Bora in French Polynesia or Moorea in French Polynesia before moving onto other islands without snorkeling options like Fiji or Vanuatu.
2) Take a slow boat
There’s something about being on a boat that makes time slow down. Whether it’s the gentle rocking motion or the sound of the waves, being on a boat has a way of putting you in a relaxed state. And when you’re island hopping, there’s no need to hurry from one place to the next. You can just sit back and enjoy the ride.
3) Stay in hotels and resorts with all facilities
1. When you stay in a hotel or resort on an island, you have everything you need right at your fingertips. This means that you can enjoy your vacation without having to worry about finding a place to eat or sleep.
2. There are usually plenty of activities available right on the premises, so you don’t have to go far to find something to do.
3. Many islands are small enough that you can walk or ride a bike everywhere, which cuts down on transportation stress.
4. The relaxed pace of life on an island can be contagious, helping you to relax and enjoy your vacation even more.
4) Get up early and watch the sunrise from your porch
Waking up early to watch the sunrise is one of the most relaxing things you can do on vacation. Not only do you get to enjoy the beautiful colors and scenery, but you also get to start your day feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. Plus, it’s a great way to get some exercise in before starting your day. If you are staying at an inn with porch access, there is no better time to walk down to the beach for that morning coffee.
If you don’t have porch access or just prefer sitting inside while watching the world wake up around you, try drinking your coffee while gazing out at all of nature outside.
Regardless of where you are enjoying your morning coffee, there will be plenty of time throughout the day for leisurely activities. You’ll have plenty of time to relax by reading a book or take advantage of a massage session when someone else gets up early!
5) Go bird watching before breakfast
1. There’s nothing like waking up to the sound of birds chirping outside your window. 2. Bird watching is a great way to start your day and get some fresh air. 3. It’s a calming and relaxing activity that can help you clear your mind. 4. Plus, it’s a great way to learn about different types of birds and their habitats. 5. Island travel is the perfect opportunity to go bird watching, as there are often many different types of birds in one place. 6. So if you’re looking for a relaxed way of life, island travel is definitely for you! 7. So what are you waiting for? Pack your bags and head to an island today!